I have one of these and I haven’t powered it up in years. I don’t even know if it works to tell the truth.
Well, I dug this unit out and powered it up. It wasn’t doing so well.
It would post which MIDI channel it was set to and then glitch with a random display. Seemed well dead. I did a reset on it (Press and hold the (-) and (5) keys at power up) and it fired right up. Sounded fine. When I cycled the power it went back to glitchy display mode.
I cracked it open and this is what I found.
I guess we can add the Peavey Add Verb II to the list of devices with leaking Nicad batteries.
The good news is the board is fairly unpopulated in this area. This looks like a mess but I’m going to guess it will be fairly straight forward to clean up. The capacitor to the left is well melted and will need replacing. I’m unsure of its value at this point.
The other good news is it also didn’t effect the sound of the device. When I reset the memory it works fine.